Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Welcome to Gramma's Attic Miniatures

Hello and welcome!  
     This is my first post but certainly not my first miniature adventure.  Back in the '80's I owned THE UPSTAIRS DOLLHOUSE shop in Waldorf, Maryland.  I started in just one room of a craft shop.  I very soon expanded to two rooms and then moved my location out to the main highway.

     What a fun time that was.  I met so many nice people, too.  Well, the economy took a turn for the worse and I closed shop.  Now that I am retired I thought I would get back into miniatures.  I really enjoyed making mini's and that is what I am thinking I will be focusing on.  That and making room boxes or stores to house my miniatures in.  

     Technology has certainly changed the way we do things, and making miniatures is no exception.  I have been designing and cutting out miniatures with my Silhouette Cameo.  Most folks think of this die cut machine to make scrapbook items, for card making, or to cut vinyl.  Some of the things I design with my Cameo, I am cutting out of card stock.  Other items, I can do a print and cut, using the printer connected to my computer and then the Cameo.  I have include a link to where you may see this wonderful machine.

https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment